Do you have a home office? If so, it’s important to make sure that your new space is comfortable and inviting. It’s also important to think about how this room will fit into the rest of your house. The goal here is not just a place for work – but a space where you can get things done in comfort! Here are 5 tips that I’ve found helpful when setting up my own home office:
1) Consider what colors will be most conducive to creativity and productivity – many people report being at their best when surrounded by greens, blues, or earth tones.
2) Decorating with personal items from your childhood (for example, photos of family members or favorite toys) has been shown to increase feelings of happiness.
3) Decide whether you will have a computer in your office, and if so whether or not it will be visible. If you do want to keep your computer in the same room, consider where it should go.
4) Keep clutter at bay! Clutter can easily take over a home office, so it’s important to keep only the essentials in the room.
5) If you have pets, consider where they will go while you are working. Keeping them out of your space entirely is one option – but if not possible, at least make sure that they aren’t allowed to lie on your desk or other important surfaces.
Setting up a home office can be challenging, but there are many ways to make it more inviting. One of the most important things you should do is choose colors that will enhance creativity and productivity. Other considerations include where your computer or other work-related items should go in your space, what kind of clutter you want to keep out of the room altogether, and how pets might affect the layout.